Try some of the following activities for a fabulous winter holiday in France:
- Dog sledding (in nearby Saint-Martin-de-Belleville);
- Night Skiing;
- Snow Shoeing;
- Sledging Ice Skating;
- Bumboarding and sledding;
- Build a jump in the chalets’ garden and practice your tricks!;
- Hire a snow scooter. The latest boys’ toy as seen on the Gadget Show. Available in Les Menuires for approx 25 euros for a half day;
- Visit Lugeland. Approx 4 euros for 30 minutes. Slide down an icy flume in a rubber ring! Great fun for children and adults. One, two or three people can fit in the rubber ring at a time! The faster you go, the higher you’ll slide up the walls and banks of the track;
- Hire an off piste guide;
- Go on a skidoo expedition. Approx 80 euros per skidoo, for one or two people. Similar to a jet ski but on snow, go on an hour long guided ride, on and off piste, in the evening. An exhilarating James Bond style ride which covers a vast part of the Les Menuires ski area. Drive as fast as you can!;
- Treat yourself to a manicure, massage or lots of other beauty treatments in the comfort of your chalet. Just click Pamper Off-Piste for more information.
Three Valleys Enduro:
Open to everyone who’s game for a laugh, the Three Valleys Enduro is fun for all ski/board lovers. There are three categories: Pros, Sporting Amateurs or Families that can enter the various ‘events’ that are held around the three valleys during the day. Skiers, Telemarkers and Snowboarders are all eligible for entry, you just need to make up a team of three and get round all the different events across the valleys including : Derby thrill power, Skiercross madness, Freeride, the Family Schuss, the Flying K (short for the Flying Kilometre!) and the Slalom XXL. It’s a small programme of activities that can be as hard or as much fun as you wish. In most events the team of three will start together, however there are individual events to take part in. There’s no compulsory itinerary, and teams can choose their departure point from any of the following resorts that make up the Three Valleys skiing area: Courchevel, La Tania, Meribel, Les Menuires or Val Thorens. A log book and bibs are presented to the team at the start of the race, thereafter it up to each team to go out and have as much fun as they can!