If you’ve ever wanted to a do a season in an alpine ski resort, but don’t know what job you would do, you’ve come to the right place! Being a seasonnaire is hard work but very rewarding, and you’ll make lots of new friends whilst learning valuable life skills. And of course, you’ll really improve your skiing and/or snowboarding….!!!
We’re looking for a male / female couple (to be a chalet host & a chalet chef) to work with us this winter. One of the chalet couple must be an experienced, qualified chef, passionate about food and able to produce interesting dinner menus for up to 15 people. The other must be able to host and clean the chalet.
Chefs’ duties will include: Ordering, stock control, shopping and cooking (breakfast, afternoon cakes and four course evening meal) and presentation. They must be able to demonstrate the ability to cook excellent ‘dinner party’ standard meals, preferably with relevant catering experience. Whilst we already have sample menus, we would encourage our chefs to provide input into these menus, so that we can come up with an exciting varied menu that we all like.
Chalet host / cleaner’s duties will include: Ensuring our guests’ needs are met, that they are looked after, keeping them happy, answering any questions they have and generally making our guests’ holiday as enjoyable as possible. As regards cleaning and room changeovers, you will clean all the bedrooms and bathrooms in the chalet everyday (unless your guests request otherwise) along with all the communal areas and the kitchen. You will also clean the hot tub as required.
Our staff will be expected to have a passion for providing exceptional service, always putting the guests first and working hard to meet their needs. You must be able to relate well to different types of people with an enthusiastic, friendly approach. You will also be quality orientated, organised & reliable. You must be prepared to clean & tidy with vigour and enthusiasm in order to maintain the high standards set.
The following is a list of the essential qualities you will need to have to be able to work for us:
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills.
- Numeracy skills are essential.
- Team player essential.
- Able to work on own initiative (e.g. resolve minor chalet maintenance problems without help).
- A flexible hands on & proactive approach.
- Previous hospitality experience desirable.
- Highly approachable and easy to get along with.
- A personal presentation that reflects positively on Silver Lining Chalets both at work and when at leisure in a public place.
- Previous ski season experience preferable.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to meet client requests and to undertake whatever is requested by us.
- Ensure the safety and well being of clients at all times.
- Escorting and assisting clients to select equipment for hire or purchase.
- Snow clearing as requested.
- Assisting guests with snow chains, clearing vehicles of snow and maintaining a snow-free parking area daily.
- Assisting with all indoor duties, such as service in chalet and other duties, as requested.
- All of you must be able to get along with, and have a positive attitude towards, children.
- Knowledge of ski equipment is useful, as is any first aid experience. Your organisational skills will come in to play on Sunday, as you’ll be helping guests within resort with lift passes, lessons and ski hire.
- Other duties are varied and could include clearing snow, light chalet maintenance, budget keeping and reporting.
- You will need an EU passports and UK NI number.
The staff package includes:
- Competitive salary.
- Transport from and to the UK (at the beginning and end of the season).
- Insurance once in resort.
- Accommodation – Your accommodation is live-in. I.e. it is in the chalet, but is a self-contained room away from the guests. Les Bruyères is a great location. It has all the amenities of a big resort, bit has the friendly feel of a village. The chalet is in a spectacular position, and will suit people who have a passion for the mountains and want a beautiful location with lots of fun and lively guests.
- Good food.
- Season lift passes for the Belleville valley (covers Val Thorens, Orelle, Les Menuires & Saint Martin).
- Equipment hire.
- 1 day off a week.
- Plenty of time for skiing the whole of the Three Valleys…!;
- Other staff perks yet to be defined.
- Bonus if the season has gone well (calculated by the number of weeks you work for us).
Please have a look at the rest of our website, and if these opportunities appeal to you, please send us your CVs (detailing relevant work experience and references), recent photographs of yourselves and also tell us how you will meet our needs. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.